GVHSS Chirakkara is established in 1945 and its earlier name was Thalassery Municipal School. In 1957 the Govt of Kerala adopted the school and renamed as Govt. High school, Thalassery. In 1960 the school was shifted to the Chirakkara. Later in 1991, the VHSE department had been launched and again changed the name to GVHSS Chirakkara. Now the school has three wings HS, HSS and VHSE.It was formerly worked in European club building near Bishop House, Thalassery.
The continuous contribution and support from the Government of Kerala, Stake holders and the public has helped to facilitate the development of Government Vocational Higher Secondary School, Chirakkara, Thalassery which has contributed To a major development in the field of the general education of the public to a greater extent.
Now we are really honored our school has been selected for converting high-tech school in the auspicious occasion of 150th anniversary celebration of Thalassery Municipality, One of the oldest municipalities in Kerala.