CSIT Module-I & II QuestionsObjective Questions
1. UNIVAC is
a) Universal Automatic Computer b) Universal Array Computer c) Unique Automatic Computer d) Unvalued Automatic Computer
2. Which of the following is not an input device?
a) Scanner b) Barcode Reader c) OMR d) Plotter
3. The term gigabyte refers to .
a) 1024 bits b) 1024 Bytes c) 1024 KB d) 1024 MB
4. Word 'RAM' stands for
a) random access memory b) read access memory c) read arithmetic memory d) random arithmetic memory
5. Component in a PC switch electronic signals and electric power
a) Resistor b) transistor c) capacitor d) diode
6. .is used to store electrical signal
a) Resistor b) transistor c) capacitor d) diode
7. Odd one out
a) Key board b) mouse c) cooling fan d) scanner
8. Which of the following is not an example for guided media
a) Fiber Optic Cable b) Coaxial Cable c) Radio Transmission d) Twisted Pair Cable
9. Which of the following topology the failure of one computer can have an impact on the entire. network
a) Bus b) Star c) Ring d) Mesh
10. Which of the following is provides reliable communication
a) UDP b) TCP c) IP d) All the above
11. IPV4 is
a) 16bit b) 32bit c) 64bit d) 128bit
12. What is the natural mask of class C network
a) 255.255.255.1 b) 255.255.255.0 c) 255.255.0.0 d) 255.255.255.255
13. Use of sub netting is
a) it divides networks into network classes b) It divides large network into smaller one c) It speeds up the data transfer d) None of the above
14. Each computer functions as both a client and a server in
a) Distributed configuration b) peer-to-peer configuration c) Client-Server Configuration d) None of the above
15. What is the use of ping command
a) to test a hard disk fault b) to test a bug in application c) To test a device on network is reachable d) None of the above
16. DTP stands for ---------------
a) Desk Top Printing b) Desk Top Process c) Desktop Publishing d) Design Type Printing
17. Which tool is used foe cropping in CorelDraw?
a) Shape Tool b) Pick Tool c) Knife tool d) Fill Tool
18. How do you create a new file in Photoshop using the drop down menu?
a) File > New b) File > Open c) Create > New d) Start > New File
19. Pick the odd one.
a) Simple Lasso Tool b) Polygonal Lasso Tool c) Magic Lasso Tool d) Magnetic Lasso Tool
20. .....Color modegive us a black and white version of photo
a) RGB b) Grayscale c) CMYK d) HSB
21. ..is Photoshops native file format
a) JPEG b) PSD c) PDF d) TIFF
22. ..tool is used to select an area based on a specific colour
a) Magic wand b) Lasso c) Marquee d) Brush
One Word Questions
1. ALU is
Answer: Arithmetic and Logical Unit
2. IBM 1401 is
Answer: Second Generation Computer
3. EBCDIC stands for
Answer: Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code
4. ASCII stands for
Answer: American Standard Code for Information Interchange
5. Main component of first generation computer was .
Answer: vacuum tubes
6. Which generation of computers use microprocessor is the main component?
Answer: Fourth Generation
7. Stored program concept was introduced by
Answer: John von Neumann
8. DVD ROM is a . Memory
9. CD-ROM stands for .
Answer: Compact Disk-ROM
10. The output quality of a printer is measured in ..
11. An interface between user and computer is ..
Answer: Operating System
12. Hexadecimal Number system uses .. Symbols.
13. .. is a Software provided by the manufacturer for the proper working of. hardware is
14. Usually printer is connected to ________ port.
Answer: Parallel or USB
15. ---------- is the process of dividing the physical drive spaces into pieces.
16. ---------- should be provided inside a cabinet to decrease overall temperature
Answer: heat sink
17. ---------- file system supports security features.
18. SCSI stands for----------
Answer: Small Computer System Interface
19. ----------is defined as the total number of pixels in width by the total number of pixels. in height.
20. allows to send telephone calls (voice data) using standard Internet Protocol
21. LAN stands for
Answer: Local Area Network
22. IP address is assigned to every computer that connects to the Internet is
23. . ip address is used for communication within the network
24. are data communication devices that convert digital signals to analog signals, and vice. versa
25. NIC stands for
Answer: Network Interface Card
26. Size of MAC address is .
Answer: 48 bit
27. In topology entire network shuts down if there is a break in the main cable
28. FTP stands for
Answer: File Transfer Protocol
29. CCTV stands for .........
Answer: Closed Circuit Tele Vision
30. DVR stands for .......
Answer: Digital Video Recorder
31. NVR stands for ...........
Answer: Network Video Recorder
32. There are two types of camera technologies analog and
33. PTZ stands for .........
Answer: Pan Tilt Zoom
34. To connect the CCTV camera and the DVR ........ connector is used
Answer: BNC Connector
35. The communication done through sight is called .
Answer: Visual Communication
36. SMCR model was introduced by ..
Answer: David Berlo
37. Large number of heterogeneous audiences is the main characteristics of ..
Answer: Mass Communication
38. WYSIWYG stands for ----------
Answer: What You See Is What You Get
39. In PageMaker Plug-in is in -------- menu
40. Tex wrap option of PageMaker comes under ---------- menu
41. The major software used to produce .Pmd files is ----------
42. In PageMaker, vertical alignment is related with -------
43. In PageMaker threading is related with --------
44. In PageMaker 'Column guides' option is in ----------- menu
45. Extension file of CorelDraw is
46. Bitmap images are made up of .
47. Corel Draw is type drawing package
48. Which tool is used for selecting and deselecting object?
Answer: Pick Tool
49. Which type of text tool is used for creating heading in CorelDraw?
Answer: Artistic Text Tool
50. Which tool is used to magnifying an image?
Answer: Zoom Tool
51. Shortcut key for duplicating an image in CorelDraw is .
52. Wire Frame view is related with .
53. Duplicate layer in Photoshop is in -------- menu
54. It is possible to rasterize a ---------- in Photoshop
55. Liquidity is a---------------- in Photoshop
56. Extension of Photoshop file is ---------------
57. Distort is a ----------------in Photoshop
58. In Photoshop shear is a --------------------
59. In Photoshop magic wand tool is used for ------------------
Answer: Selecting a particular color image
60. ---------- tool paints with a sample of an image in Photoshop
Answer: clone stamp
61. In Photoshop ---------- tool is used to move the image
Answer: move tool
62. The tool in Photoshop that helps to insert characters is ----------------
Answer: Text Tool
63. ---------- tool is used to smoothen images in Photoshop
64. In Photoshop 3D effect is in ------- menu
65. Transform command is in -------- menu.
66. JPEG stands for ------------------------
Answer: Joint Photographic Expert Group
1. Ctrl+B is the short-cut key for Bold in Pagemaker
Answer: False (ctrl+shift+B)
2. It is not possible to rotate text in PageMaker
3. Ctrl+S is the shortcut key for save in Pagemaker
4. Gutter is the gap between columns on a page in Pagemaker
5. In Corel Draw, to change a rectangle in to a circle, shape. tool is used.
6. It is possible to save a Photoshop image in different formats.
7. JPEG is a movie format
8. It is possible to take a print out from Photoshop
9. Using Photoshop Black and White photos can be change to colour.
10. PDF files are opened using Acrobat reader
11. It is not possible to invert the colours in Photoshop
12. PNG is a movie picture format
13. Photoshop is a software used for image, editing etc
14. Lasso tool is available in Photoshop tool box