1. Find the odd one out
a) Mouse b) OMR c) C++ d) Joystic
2. Pick out OOP language from the following
a) Pascal b) COBOL c) C++ d) C
3. Pick out the unary operator from the following
a) % b) * c) ++ d) /
4. Pickout user defined datatypes from the following
a) char b) void c) struct d) double
5. Select the entry controlled loop from the following
a) while b) do...while c) for d) None of these
6. Which of the following is the correct declaration of the array?
a) Int m(10) b) int m c) m int d) int m
7. Identify the last index of the array float P from the following choice?
a) 7 b) 8 c) 0 d) 9
8. A function returns.....values
a) zero b) one c) zero and one d) None of these
9. Pick out the address operator from the following
a) * b) && c) & d) sizeof()
10. C++ is a.....paradigm language
a) Object Oriented b) Procedure Oriented c) Both the above d) None of these
11. C,PASCAL,FORTRAN and BASIC are examples of.....
a) Object Oriented b) Procedure Oriented c) Both the above d) None of these
12. To reduce complexity in procedural paradigm the functions associated with a common task are grouped into.....
a) Stuctures b) Programmes c) Modules d) Interfaces
13. Data is undervalued in.....paradigm
a) Object Oriented b) Procedural Oriented c) Both the above d) None of these
14. .....is a prototype/blue print that defines the specification common to all objects of a particular type
a) Object b) Class c) Method d) Interfaces
15. .....of the class are called individual instances
a) Object b) Class c) Method d) Interfaces
16. Based on a class.....number of objects can be created
a) 3 b) 2 c) Any d) 1
17. Calling member function of an object from another object is called.....
a) Sending letter b) Calling function c) Passing Message d) Switching
18. In object oriented programming.....refers to a programming language's ability to process objects differently depending on their data type or class
a) Encapsulation b) Abstraction c) Inheritance d) Polymorphism
19. The process of giving different task to functions with the same name, but different signature is called
a) Inheritance b) Function Overloading c) Passing Message d) Switching
20. .....number of definitions can be attached to a function name
a) 0 b) 1 c) 2 d) None of these
21. Deriving a sub class from multiple base class is called.....inheritance
a) Single b) Hierarchical c) Multiple d) Multilevel
22. While using.....visibility mode, the public members of base class become public to derived class
a) Public b) Private c) Protected d) Either public or private
23. The function int add(int,float) matches with
a) add(20) b) add(10,15.5) c) add(13.5) d) None of these
24. Pick out the odd one out
a) Oracle b) SQL Server c) C++ d) ACCESS
25. Choose the correct database level that is closest to the storage device
a) External b) Logical c) Physical d) Conceptual
26. In the rational model, degree is termed as .....
a) Number of tuples b) Number of attributes c) Number of tables d) Number of constraints
27. .....model operates at the lowest level of abstraction, describing how the data are saved on storage device
a) External Level b) Physical Level c) Conceptual Level d) View Level
28. In a relational model, rows are termed as.....
a) Tuples b) Attributes c) Tables d) Cardinality
29. Pick out the odd one out
a) DML b) DDL c) DCL d) HLL
30. Manu wants to add a new column to a table. What type of command is used to do it?
a) DML b) DDL c) DCL d) None of these
31. The command used to add a new column to a table
a) ALTER TABLE b) CREATE TABLE c) CREATE VIEW d) CREATE COLUMN
32. The command to eliminate the table CUSTOMER from database is
a) REMOVE TABLE CUSTOMER b) DROP TABLE CUSTOMER c) DELETE TABLE CUSTOMER d) UPDATE TABLE CUSTOMER
33. Which of the following is the correct order of keywords for SQL SELECT statement is
a) SELECT,FROM,WHERE b) FROM,WHERE,SELECT c) WHERE,FROM,SELECT d) SELECT,WHERE,FROM
34. Name the clause used to sort the details in ascending order
a) GROUP BY b) ORDER BY c) LIKE d) DISTINCT
35. Pick out the odd one out
a) CREATE TABLE b) SELECT c) UPDATE d) DELETE
36. Which of the following is not a pictorial drawing?
a) isometric b) multiview c) perspective d) axonometric
37. Hidden lines are drawn as
a) Dashed narrow line b) Dashed wide line c) Long-dashed dotted wide line d) Long-dashed double dotted wide line
38. The line connecting a view to note is called
a) Dimension line b) Projection line c) Leader d) Arrowheads
39. When two angles together make 90 degree, they are called
a) Obtuse angle b) Reflex angle c) complementary angle d) supplementary angle
40. The included angle of hexagon is
a) 30 degree b) 60 degree c) 120 degree d) 150 degree
41. The attribute face,size and color are associated with.....tag
a) <body> b) <font> c) <center> d) <marquee>
42. Which attributes specifies an alternative text to be displayed in case were the browser is unable to display the image specified in the SRC attribute
a) Align b) Height c) Hspace d) Alt
43. Which tag is used to create a drop down list box?
a) <select> b) <list> c) <input type="list"> d) <option>
a) Application b) Programming c) Scripting d) None of these
a) Server b) Client c) ISP d) None of these
47. Which of the following type of variable is visible only within a function where it is defined?
a) Global Variable b) Local Variable c) Both the above d) None of these
a) To Style HTML pages b) To add interactivity to HTML pages c) To execute query related to DB on Server d) To perform server side scripting operation
a) </script> b) <script> c) END statement d) None of these
a) <script> b) <body> c) <head> d) <title>
a) System.out.println("Hello World") b) println("Helo World"); c) document.write("Hello World") d) response.write("Hello World")
52. Which of the following event fires when the form element loses the focus
a) onfocus() b) onblur() c) onclick() d) ondbclick()
a) toLowerCase() b) toLower() c) changeCase() d) None of these
54. Odd one out
55. Select invalid variable name in PHP
a) $123 b) $FirstName c) $Last Name d) Number1
56. Example of mobile operating system is
a) iOS b) Android c) BlackBerry d) All the above
57. .....Technology in mobile communication enjoying high market share globally?
a) GSM b) CDMA c) CLOUD d) All of these
58. UNIVAC is
a) Universal Automatic Computer b) Universal Array Computer c) Unique Automatic Computer d) Unvalued Automatic Computer
59. Which of the following is not an input device?
a) Scanner b) Barcode Reader c) OMR d) Plotter
60. The term gigabyte refers to .
a) 1024 bits b) 1024 Bytes c) 1024 KB d) 1024 MB
61. Word 'RAM' stands for
a) random access memory b) read access memory c) read arithmetic memory d) random arithmetic memory
62. Component in a PC switch electronic signals and electric power
a) Resistor b) transistor c) capacitor d) diode
63. .is used to store electrical signal
a) Resistor b) transistor c) capacitor d) diode
64. Odd one out
a) Key board b) mouse c) cooling fan d) scanner
65. Which of the following is not an example for guided media
a) Fiber Optic Cable b) Coaxial Cable c) Radio Transmission d) Twisted Pair Cable
66. Which of the following topology the failure of one computer can have an impact on the entire. network
a) Bus b) Star c) Ring d) Mesh
67. Which of the following is provides reliable communication
a) UDP b) TCP c) IP d) All the above
68. IPV4 is
a) 16bit b) 32bit c) 64bit d) 128bit
69. What is the natural mask of class C network
a) 255.255.255.1 b) 255.255.255.0 c) 255.255.0.0 d) 255.255.255.255
70. Use of sub netting is
a) it divides networks into network classes b) It divides large network into smaller one c) It speeds up the data transfer d) None of the above
71. Each computer functions as both a client and a server in
a) Distributed configuration b) peer-to-peer configuration c) Client-Server Configuration d) None of the above
72. What is the use of ping command
a) to test a hard disk fault b) to test a bug in application c) To test a device on network is reachable d) None of the above
73. DTP stands for ---------------
a) Desk Top Printing b) Desk Top Process c) Desktop Publishing d) Design Type Printing
74. Which tool is used foe cropping in CorelDraw?
a) Shape Tool b) Pick Tool c) Knife tool d) Fill Tool
75. How do you create a new file in Photoshop using the drop down menu?
a) File > New b) File > Open c) Create > New d) Start > New File
76. Pick the odd one.
a) Simple Lasso Tool b) Polygonal Lasso Tool c) Magic Lasso Tool d) Magnetic Lasso Tool
77. .....Color modegive us a black and white version of photo
a) RGB b) Grayscale c) CMYK d) HSB
78. ..is Photoshops native file format
a) JPEG b) PSD c) PDF d) TIFF
79. ..tool is used to select an area based on a specific colour
a) Magic wand b) Lasso c) Marquee d) Brush
One Word Questions
1. .....is a sequence of instructions written in computer language.
2. ....language can be directly interpreted by hardware
Answer: Machine Language
3. "Any complex problem can be solved by breaking it down into different tasks and solving each task by performing simpler activities" This concept is known as......
Answer: Modular Design
4. The solution for the main module will be developed only after designing solutions to its sub module. This style of approach is known as.....
Answer: Bottom Up Design
5. A precise step-by-step procedure to solve a problem is called....
6. A pictorial representation of an algorithm is called.....
Answer: Flow Chart
7. Find the value given by the following expression if n=11, n%3= ?
8. What will be the value of P=P++ + ++Q where P is 22 and Q=3 initially
9. Name the header files to be included to use cin and cout in programs
10. All pre-processor directive statements should begins with.....
Answer: character #
11. Write a statement for storing the string "NO SMOKING" using a character array
Answer: char str="NO SMOKING";
12. If int M; is an array contains 1-20 natural numbers. Then which element of an array will be referenced by M?
13. How many bytes will be allocated in the memory to store the string "MY SCHOOL"?
Answer: 9 bytes
14. .....function can be used to find the square root of a number?
15. .....is a redirection operator
Answer: | (pipe)
16. The default return type of a function in C++ is.....
17. .....is a collection of related records
18. .....user in DBMS is to have central control of both the data and the programmes that access those data
19. Abstraction of database can be viewed in.....levels
20. .....level of data abstraction describing how the data is saved on storage device
21. Expand DML?
Answer: Data Manipulation Language
22. Name the command used to remove table structure from database?
Answer: Drop Table
23. SQL stands for.....
Answer: Structured Query Language
24. Name software for creating Engineering drawings
Answer: CAD software
25. Which of the object gives a circular section, when it is cut completely by a section plane(irrespective of the angle of the section plane)
26. The member of a structure are accessed using.....operator
Answer: dot[.] operator
27. A structure inside another structure is called.....
Answer: Nested Structure
28. Expand RDBMS
Answer: Relational Database Management System
29. .....line are used to indicate imaginary features
Answer: Section Line
30. .....is an information space where resources are identified by URL?
31. Name a criminal activities dealing with computers and networks
Answer: Cyber Crime
32. <p> tag is used for.....
33. Which heading level is usually the same size as the main text on a web page
34. .....is a keyword separated by a space within angle brackets along with the tag which provides additional information
35. Which tag is used to insert music in your web page?
36. Keyword used to define a constant in PHP is.....
Answer: define keyword
37. In PHP multiline comment can enclosed in....
Answer: /* and */
38. Shared hosting is also known as....hosting
39. Name the hosting technique which allow us to place our web server in our own location
Answer: Self Service Web Hosting
40. Most expensive hosting technique is....
Answer: Dedicated hosting
41. .....is used to transfer the files of the website from our computer to our web server
Answer: FTP Software(Filezilla)
42. Expand GPS
Answer: Global Positioning System
43. .....describes computing that uses extremely small devices
Answer: Nano Computing
44. .....is an example of an expert system used to perform medical diagnosis
Answer: MYCIN (ANN based)
45. ALU is
Answer: Arithmetic and Logical Unit
46. IBM 1401 is
Answer: Second Generation Computer
47. EBCDIC stands for
Answer: Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code
48. ASCII stands for
Answer: American Standard Code for Information Interchange
49. Main component of first generation computer was .
Answer: vacuum tubes
50. Which generation of computers use microprocessor is the main component?
Answer: Fourth Generation
51. Stored program concept was introduced by
Answer: John von Neumann
52. DVD ROM is a . Memory
53. CD-ROM stands for .
Answer: Compact Disk-ROM
54. The output quality of a printer is measured in ..
55. An interface between user and computer is ..
Answer: Operating System
56. Hexadecimal Number system uses .. Symbols.
57. .. is a Software provided by the manufacturer for the proper working of. hardware is
58. Usually printer is connected to ________ port.
Answer: Parallel or USB
59. ---------- is the process of dividing the physical drive spaces into pieces.
60. ---------- should be provided inside a cabinet to decrease overall temperature
Answer: heat sink
61. ---------- file system supports security features.
62. SCSI stands for----------
Answer: Small Computer System Interface
63. ----------is defined as the total number of pixels in width by the total number of pixels. in height.
64. allows to send telephone calls (voice data) using standard Internet Protocol
65. LAN stands for
Answer: Local Area Network
66. IP address is assigned to every computer that connects to the Internet is
67. . ip address is used for communication within the network
68. are data communication devices that convert digital signals to analog signals, and vice. versa
69. NIC stands for
Answer: Network Interface Card
70. Size of MAC address is .
Answer: 48 bit
71. In topology entire network shuts down if there is a break in the main cable
72. FTP stands for
Answer: File Transfer Protocol
73. CCTV stands for .........
Answer: Closed Circuit Tele Vision
74. DVR stands for .......
Answer: Digital Video Recorder
75. NVR stands for ...........
Answer: Network Video Recorder
76. There are two types of camera technologies analog and
77. PTZ stands for .........
Answer: Pan Tilt Zoom
78. To connect the CCTV camera and the DVR ........ connector is used
Answer: BNC Connector
79. The communication done through sight is called .
Answer: Visual Communication
80. SMCR model was introduced by ..
Answer: David Berlo
81. Large number of heterogeneous audiences is the main characteristics of ..
Answer: Mass Communication
82. WYSIWYG stands for ----------
Answer: What You See Is What You Get
83. In PageMaker Plug-in is in -------- menu
84. Tex wrap option of PageMaker comes under ---------- menu
85. The major software used to produce .Pmd files is ----------
86. In PageMaker, vertical alignment is related with -------
87. In PageMaker threading is related with --------
88. In PageMaker 'Column guides' option is in ----------- menu
89. Extension file of CorelDraw is
90. Bitmap images are made up of .
91. Corel Draw is type drawing package
92. Which tool is used for selecting and deselecting object?
Answer: Pick Tool
93. Which type of text tool is used for creating heading in CorelDraw?
Answer: Artistic Text Tool
94. Which tool is used to magnifying an image?
Answer: Zoom Tool
95. Shortcut key for duplicating an image in CorelDraw is .
96. Wire Frame view is related with .
97. Duplicate layer in Photoshop is in -------- menu
98. It is possible to rasterize a ---------- in Photoshop
99. Liquidity is a---------------- in Photoshop
100. Extension of Photoshop file is ---------------
101. Distort is a ----------------in Photoshop
102. In Photoshop shear is a --------------------
103. In Photoshop magic wand tool is used for ------------------
Answer: Selecting a particular color image
104. ---------- tool paints with a sample of an image in Photoshop
Answer: clone stamp
105. In Photoshop ---------- tool is used to move the image
Answer: move tool
106. The tool in Photoshop that helps to insert characters is ----------------
Answer: Text Tool
107. ---------- tool is used to smoothen images in Photoshop
108. In Photoshop 3D effect is in ------- menu
109. Transform command is in -------- menu.
110. JPEG stands for ------------------------
Answer: Joint Photographic Expert Group
1. "Computer has no intelligence of its own". State true or false
2. In Top down design, we start 'at the top' with a general problem and design specific solutions to its sub problems . State true or false
3. Manu argues that mark and Mark are different identifiers in C++.State whether it is True or False
4. All keywords comprise lower case letters. State true or false
5. All C++ programme execution starts from main() function. State true or false
6. A function returns a maximum of only one value. State true or false
7. A constructor can be overloaded. State true or false
8. A friend function is a non-member function. State true or false
9. A file name should have primary name. State true or false
10. A file can be opened by using a constructor. State true or false
11. PHP is case sensitive. State true or false
Answer: True(Variable names are case-sensitive but function names are not case sensitive)
12. Ctrl+B is the short-cut key for Bold in Pagemaker
Answer: False (ctrl+shift+B)
13. It is not possible to rotate text in PageMaker
14. Ctrl+S is the shortcut key for save in Pagemaker
15. Gutter is the gap between columns on a page in Pagemaker
16. In Corel Draw, to change a rectangle in to a circle, shape. tool is used.
17. It is possible to save a Photoshop image in different formats.
18. JPEG is a movie format
19. It is possible to take a print out from Photoshop
20. Using Photoshop Black and White photos can be change to colour.
21. PDF files are opened using Acrobat reader
22. It is not possible to invert the colours in Photoshop
23. PNG is a movie picture format
24. Photoshop is a software used for image, editing etc
25. Lasso tool is available in Photoshop tool box